photo aboutmeNEW_zps61fbca22.png  photo healthylivingbuttonNEW_zpscf3f2246.png  photo ContactMe_zpsfeda721c.png

Friday 24 October 2014

Travel Beauty Essentials Challenge

I was recently asked to work with SACO on a little challenge that they had running. The rules are super simple; create two looks, one day time and one night time look. Here's the catch...you're only allowed five products!

I was really excited to get involved with this challenge for a few reasons. I love a challenge and on a daily basis and we tend not to count how many products we're putting onto our face - it turns out we use a lot! The other reason is that I stay in hotels pretty often and I either bring what feels like my entire makeup collection, or a few bits that I've just grabbed on my way out the door. Not very organised huh?

So onto the two looks I've created. You'll notice they are drastically different, however I have remained true to what looks I would create for my day/night time looks. What is one persons glam, is another persons everyday, it's all about how comfortable you feel.



Look One
This is a very natural look, one you'd wear in the daytime, out for coffee, maybe some sightseeing around the city. If you're exploring a large city, you don't really want to be wearing a lot of make-up as you'll want to cleanse your face before applying your evening makeup.


...and here's how I achieved it using only 5 products...



1. Apply your favourite foundation, I don't need to tell you how to do this. However if you do want a lighter coverage, mix some with your moisturiser. I used Revlon Colourstay, this is perfect as I don't need to use a powder.

2. Then I applied the blush from my Sleek Face Form, to the apple of my cheeks. From the same palette I used the highlight to areas where the sun would naturally hit; i.e. tops of cheek bones, the centre of the nose, just on the cupids bow. 

3. I like to fill in my brows, even for a day look. I used the matte brown colour 'Bark' in the Sleek Eyeshadow Palette. If you already have fabulous brows, feel free to skip this step!

4, 5 & 6. Now for some black liquid liner, or mascara... wipe the excess mascara from the wand on the back of your hand, take an angled brush and apply as you would your regular liner.

7. Curl those lashes and apply your favourite mascara.

8 & 9. A lip-stain is perfect for a day look, it adds a hint of colour without going over the top and usually means you won't have to touch it up too many times in in the day. Dab your lip colour in the centre of your lips, take your finger and pat it into the lips until you're happy with the coverage.

Voila!

Now onto the evening look!

Look Two




1. Apply your foundation. I wanted more coverage for the evening, and to focus on any 'problem areas' I achieved that by using my foundation brush, then using my finger to pat a little more under my eyes, around my nose and any spots that I had, then blended with a damp beauty sponge.

2. Again I filled in my brows using the matte brown colour 'Bark' from the Sleek Eyeshadow Palette.

3 & 4. I wanted to contour my face more than I would in the daytime, so used the Sleek Face Form bronzer down the sides of the nose, in the hollows of the cheeks and just underneath the jawline. I then then used the highlight and blush exactly the same as in the 'Day look'

5. I used a thin brush just in my natural crease with 'Regal' I then used a fluffy brush to blend that very well. I then went in with the same fluffy brush with 'Conker' mixed with 'Noir' again and blended well. I then extended this colour to underneath my eye.

6. On the rest of the lid I used 'Nougat' as a base and 'Taupe'.

7 & 8. I used the same techniques for liquid liner and mascara as in my day look.

9. I went a little darker with the lips in the evening, but again this is a personal preference but I'll show both looks.


Are you guilty of taking lots of products with you when traveling?

L x




No comments:

Post a Comment