photo aboutmeNEW_zps61fbca22.png  photo healthylivingbuttonNEW_zpscf3f2246.png  photo ContactMe_zpsfeda721c.png

Thursday 2 October 2014

A drugstore foundation, better than Chanel?!

Seeing as autumn is here and that Summer glow feels like a thing of the past, I decided to make a start on shopping for my Autumn make-up.

Now, for all of us pale-skin girls, shopping for foundation can feel like a nightmare...especially if you're trying to shop drug-store. I've found that I always get the lightest possible shade, usually of a very limited colour range, and even then it's just that teeny bit too dark. So you can imagine my surprise when I came across the Revlon Colourstay Foundation. Not only are there 9 shades but they looked great and, as I mentioned before, I immediately went for the lightest shade...and it was TOO LIGHT!



Wow, this was a new experience! So, I opted for the second lightest shade 'Buff', tested it on my jawline and it blended in seamlessly. Now, I have to admit I did feel ever-so-slightly pessimistic about how it would look in daylight, would I still be impressed?! Yes, the shade looked absolutely flawless on my skin. I have been wearing Chanel for a while, and I can't believe I'm saying this but I will be swapping it for this £12.49 Revlon foundation!

Pros:
Lightweight but buildable
Dries quickly
Lasts all day
Suitable for dry skin without looking too dewy
Looks flawless
Good price
SPF 20

Cons:
Only the packaging, it doesn't come with a pump but this is a personal preference

Have you tried this range?

L x

9 comments:

  1. I am currently using this, I love the coverage, I love the staying power and finish however if there is a dry bit of skin it does cling to it!

    Em

    Em's Mixed Bag.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely is one of my favourite foundations! :)

    Alicia (LissyBeauty)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright Foxy?! Nice post, why have I never tried a revlon foundation? This sounds amazing.. I'm going to check this out next time in boots, great review love xz
    www.classicrouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read so many reviews that rave about this foundation but have never actually tried this foundation - think i will now after reading your glowing review :) xx

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
  5. this sounds amazing and if it's possibly even better than Chanel, i'm going to have to try it! I'm always on search for the perfect foundation! x

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't get why good companies like Revlon still sell foundations without a pump. Mistake aside, I've heard tons of good things about this foundation. I like that it's good for dry skin without looking too dewy. I have to give it a go. x

    speakingbeautyuk.blogspot.co.uk | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah pale foundation! Such a hard thing to find in drugstores. Definitely going to be giving this a go, shame about it not having a pump though x

    tmzn loves / beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never tried a Revlon foundation. Don't know why though! Guess it just doesn't cross my mind to look there. I'll have to go swatch and play now.

    Ting | www.thetingthing.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this foundation, its the only one I've ever repurchased.

    nimblenote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete