photo aboutmeNEW_zps61fbca22.png  photo healthylivingbuttonNEW_zpscf3f2246.png  photo ContactMe_zpsfeda721c.png

Sunday 14 September 2014

Monu Professional Skincare

Recently I've been trying out two products from MONU. For those of you that don't know, MONU are a Professional Skincare company and their products are one of the most popular professional skincare brands used by beauty therapists’ worldwide! Now, as a former beauty therapist, this is something that I can really relate to. Professional Skincare is often overlooked in favour of products that focus more on their packaging than the actual quality of the product. However I must say that MONU have managed to do an excellent job at achieving both a sleek design, along with a fantastic quality product.


Ok, so moving on, what have I actually been trying out? MONU Recovery Balm which is designed for skin which is Sensitive and Stressed ­ perfect for post­ summer ­ and MONU Brightening Boost, a super lightweight serum. The great thing about these products is that they don't contain damaging chemicals, artificial perfumes or synthetic colours, and they're not tested on animals. Sounds good so far but...do they actually work? In a word, YES. My skin as a teenager was oily but acne free, but as an adult I have chronic dry skin on my nose and the top of my cheeks, with acne prone/oily on my chin and forehead: essentially ALL of the skin groups! I know, some of us just get all of the luck!!! I use both the recovery balm and brightening boost as part of my morning routine and just the Recovery Balm at night.


These products have changed my skin life, and although I'm at risk of sounding a little dramatic, but regardless of any products/processes I've used before, I just couldn't get rid of the dry flaky skin on my nose, and my whole face was just very 'unbalanced'. I've only been using these products daily for a little under 3 weeks and my skin looks glowing and generally more even.



Over and above all of this, they smell fantastic! The Recovery Balm smells like roses and whilst it's a little on the heavy moisturiser side, it doesn't sit on the skin. While the Brightening Boost has a light fresh smell, it doesn't have that oily­-type feel that you can sometimes get with other serums. I wear both of these products under make­up and I don't have any problems: actually, I find my foundation wears better because my skin is so hydrated.

I will without a doubt be re­purchasing these products and I find the prices are affordable given the high quality.

Have you tried any Monu Skincare?

L x

2 comments:

  1. You've sold me on these!! I love a product that hasn't been tested on animals! & smell great and preform yay :)

    Lots of Love <3

    Serene

    xoxoxo

    www.imserenel.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound lovely ! I love the look of the packaging on these..I tried their primer before and I was so impressed.. Loving the photography on these, teach me your ways please haha xx
    www.classicrouge.com

    ReplyDelete