photo aboutmeNEW_zps61fbca22.png  photo healthylivingbuttonNEW_zpscf3f2246.png  photo ContactMe_zpsfeda721c.png

Monday 23 June 2014

A lorra' lorra' lip balms.

They are a beauty staple, here are a few of my favourites.

First up...the everyday one. For me it's really important that it's small and compact enough to fit into anywhere from my clutch bag to my jacket pocket. When you're out n' about, the wind and the sun play havoc on your lips so it's essential to choose something nourishing and with a SPF. I've chosen Carmex Moisturising Lip Balm which at £2.89 is super affordable. It feels great, isn't thick or waxy, leaves a sheen on your lips and is also available in a pot instead of a tube. Perfect for the everyday look.




Second up...for those times when your lips need some TLC, when you have sore, cracked lips that are just too much for a regular lip balm. I use Blistex Medplus Repairing Lip Balm at £2.30 - I love this stuff. It soothes and has a menthol feel to it. Plus, with its nourishing jojoba oil and cocoa butter, it feels like a pretty luxurious 'medicine'.




Third up...the cute one. Ok we're still girls at the end of the day and I dunno about you but I still can't resist the urge to buy something based on its 'cute-factor'. For this I present to you...the Smooch Operator Lip Butter Balm at £5.00. Let's face it, Soap&Glory products always smell pretty great and this is no exception. It's full of goodness with things like wild mango butter and vitamin E, plus argan and rose hip oils. And if that wasn't enough...the product is pink, need I say any more?



Next up...the one for people that like to take a natural approach - as fewer chemicals can only be a good thing. For this I've chosen Dr Organic Vitamin E Lip Balm at £3.49! They claim that 'Dr.Organic utilises only the finest natural and organic raw materials wherever possible' and to be honest I was actually really impressed with the quality of it. The product contains beeswax so it clings to the lips without feeling sticky and doesn't leave a sheen. Also, it would be perfect to use under lipstick. 




Now for ...The tinted one. All the nourishing of a lip balm with a  pop of colour, the perfect answer to chapped lips and those who feel bare without a splash of colour. I absolutely love Barry M Cor Barmy Lip Balm'.  I sometimes feel that tinted lip balms don't give enough colour or only come in a couple of shades, however this beauty is available in 4 gorgeous colours, I chose 'Rosie Lea'.





And finally, just because its cute...


Do you have a favourite?
 
L x

No comments:

Post a Comment