photo aboutmeNEW_zps61fbca22.png  photo healthylivingbuttonNEW_zpscf3f2246.png  photo ContactMe_zpsfeda721c.png

Sunday 1 June 2014

Products I regret buying.


So you come home after a visit to your local drug store only to find that the thing you bought you suddenly hate for some reason - yes girls we've all been there, it's a disappointing feeling to say the least.

Here are a few products I purchased recently and that ended up in the bin!




1. Loreal Skin 15 second skin perfection miracle cleansing oil for face and eyes - £5.33
Initially I was attracted to this product because it was on offer (come on, we all love a good bargain) and I needed a new make up remover anyway.  Actually it does actually live up to its claims in that it removes make up well.  However the oily texture ended up getting into my eyes, which would leave my vision blurred for a while - not ideal!

2. Soap&Glory - Peaches and clean 3-in-1 wash off deep purifying cleanser - £5.33

It pains me that Soap&Glory is on my product regret list, I'm usually a huge fan, which lead me to buying this cleanser. Firstly this product smelt great, like fresh peach juice - yummy! I just felt that it didn't DO anything, didn't foam, didn't take make up off, just .....nothing...

3. Nivea daily essentials refreshing daily toner - £2.55
If I'm totally honest, my initial hopes for this product weren't high. I'm generally quite sceptical about toners as they strip you skin of natural oils - and this was no exception. It was too perfumed for me, an overwhelming powdery-type smell and sure enough was very harsh on the skin, left my face feeling sore!

4. Lush - Ultrabland facial cleanser - £6.95

I usually really love Lush cleansers, I love that they use all natural ingredients generally not irritating for my skin. However i really didn't like this one, it felt way too greasy for me (think a melted block of oily wax) the cleanser was really hard to remove from my face and my hands too. It left me feeling somewhat frustrated for what should be a simple cleansing routine.

5. Eau Thermale Avene Ultra Rich Cleansing Gel  - £8.00
If you read my problem skin post, you would know that I am a big fan of the traditional cold cream. So you can imagine my delight when I found this! I really like the Eau Thermale Avene range. Although this gel was way too 'soap-like' it was very foamy and really stung my eyes, even when it was washed off.

6. Botanics Organic Facial Oil - £4.99
While wandering around Boots one evening, I came across this.  It caught my attention because I know rosehip is great for the skin and seemed like a way cheaper alternative to others I had been looking at. I really felt like this did nothing for me yet being an oil I had hoped it would hydrate my dry skin but no...it just sat on my skin, certainly not for me!

7. Masks - Boots - Botanics Quenching Face Mask
I bought this a while ago as I love a good face mask - however this really dint hydrate my skin, it was more like a moisturiser than a mask - didn't feel pampered at all. 

Am I the only one that hates throwing out products, even if you didn't like them? hehe

L x


2 comments:

  1. I too am gutted that Soap and Glory are on your regret list, as I love their products they smell so amazing and the bottles are so cute !! A regret list is such a great Idea as well !! Nice blog !! Please do check mine out and let me know what you think xx
    http://everyonewantstosmile.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I adore soap&glory! It's sad this one didn't work out for me. Will check out your blog for sure 😊x

      Delete