photo aboutmeNEW_zps61fbca22.png  photo healthylivingbuttonNEW_zpscf3f2246.png  photo ContactMe_zpsfeda721c.png

Friday 6 June 2014

Lush Haul




I've dabbled with Lush products before and there are a few things I really like about them: their products are handmade and natural; they are against animal testing; and if you bring back 5 empty pots they give you a FREE fresh face mask.

Recently I bought a few of their products, some I'd never tried, others were a repurchase.

First up ... a new facial cleanser/soap 'Movis'.  You might be thinking that sounds a bit like 'Hovis' the bread well, you'd be right. It's wheat based, containing wholemeal bread, wheat germ oil, hop oil and cocoa butter.  You can use this by running the bar under water and taking the whole bar to your face, like a soap/sponge/exfoliator all in one.  It feels a little odd at first as it smells as though you're just rubbing a chunk of bread on your face, luckily the scent doesn't linger and your skin feels super smooth.



 If you're not familiar with Lush, they have huge blocks of their soap products that you can have cut to the size you want. Think like a 'Delicatessen for soaps' Movis was £4.50 per 100g.

My next purchase was something that I've had before and loved, Tea Tree Water - Toner.  If you've read my blog before you'll know that my skin type is super dry yet acne prone. I love products with Tea Tree Oil as it's naturally soothing and contains antibacterial properties yet doesn't dry out your skin - perfect! At £7.50 per 250g this will always be a repurchase for me, its super refreshing too in those Spring/Summer months.



Now onto the fresh face mask that I initually went in for - 'Cosmetic Warrior'  (£6.25/ 75g)



First I will say that when I saw this mask contained Garlic, I was slightly err...freaked at the thought of slathering it on my face. However, safe to say my concerns were put to rest when a lovely member of staff gave me some to sample in store. Again this product contains Tea Tree Oil to soothe and leave the skin cool and clean.

After using this 4 x my skin cleared up quite significantly, although as you'll find if you've used a mask before, your skin tends to get worse before it gets better.

After browsing the products I picked up a few other things....


'Ocean Salt face and body scrub' £7.25 per 120g.

I love scrubs that aren't super harsh and scratchy and this product is for face and body - and who doesn't love a multi-use product.  It contains avocado butter, coconut oil, seaweed, lime, grapefruit and smells absolutely delicious! After just one use my skin felt lovely and smooth, a fabulous purchase.



If you've never been to Lush this could be a new one on you, but my next purchase was a  Shampoo Bar - 'Seanik' £5.50 per 55g. Now I know what you're thinking - does that work?! well ladies yes! I was a little sceptical at first too.  You use it just like a traditional bar of soap, I was surprised at how much it lathered with a little water just like any liquid shampoo.  My hair was left squeaky clean and it smelt amazing.  Plus if you do a lot of travelling it takes up less than a 1/4 of any shampoo bottles - bonus! 



Last but by no means least is another repurchase ... 'Mint Julips - Lip Scrub' £5.50


As it smells like mint chocolate, its really hard not to want to eat this product, its made from peppermint, sweet vanilla and real sugar crystals its a little like trying not to lick your lips when eating a sugared doughnut....enough about food. This is essential in a bid to get rid of dry-chapped lips that you get in Winter (thanks for that). You might not see the point in scrubbing your lips, but for me its now a must-have product!

What are your must-have Lush products?

L x


5 comments:

  1. I have the popcorn lip scrub from lush! Smells great. :)

    http://beautopiaxoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never bought anything from LUSH before... but I intend to go in and have a look around on the weekend.

    Hayley \\ http://PocketN0tes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow never? I think people overlook it because it looks like all bath bombs etc, but they do so much cool stuff!x

      Delete
    2. very true. i didn't realise how many other products they sold.
      i picked myself a tea tree toner up the other week but i haven't had chance to use it yet. :)

      Delete