photo aboutmeNEW_zps61fbca22.png  photo healthylivingbuttonNEW_zpscf3f2246.png  photo ContactMe_zpsfeda721c.png

Wednesday 18 June 2014

A super easy smoothie recipe

Summer is here and the days of roast dinners and porridge and sweating in the kitchen are on hold for at least four months or so. However, during the summer I really enjoy drinking fruit smoothies for breakfast or as a refreshing drink during the day.

If, like me, you want something that requires the least amount of effort - especially in the morning - I have a fail safe, 'one-pot' recipe that is super simple and adaptable depending on your mood.


Things you'll need:

1 cup of Frozen fruit (I used Summer Fruits for this recipe)
1 tbsp Chia Seeds
2 cups Coconut Milk
1 banana
And a good blender.





Just add all of these ingredients to the blender, blend until smooth and enjoy.  Yes it really is that simple!


Ways you can adapt this recipe;

You can use any pretty much any frozen fruit you like or even freeze your own fruit - I like to use frozen fruit as it makes for an icy cold drink, plus there's no chance of it spoiling either ensuring you're not wasting any money.


Don't like coconut milk? no problem, can also use orange/apple juice as a base for your juice, go ahead and experiment.


If you're looking for a thinner consistency, just half the banana, or skip it altogether.


Personally I like my smoothies to have texture with the chia seeds, or I like to add things like sunflower seeds, or mixed seeds, but if this isn't for you, no problem...just skip this part!


There it is, a super easy, adaptable recipe!


L x







1 comment:

  1. This looks so tasty, I love making smoothies. I often make one quickly and pop it in a flask and drink on the way to work if I'm rushed.

    My lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete