photo aboutmeNEW_zps61fbca22.png  photo healthylivingbuttonNEW_zpscf3f2246.png  photo ContactMe_zpsfeda721c.png

Saturday 31 May 2014

Battle of the foundations: Chanel vs NARS

The products in the battle: 




Chanel Pro Lumiere Long wear Flawless make up.
It claims: "The skin-embracing texture becomes one with the face, following its every movement. Its Perfect Skin Affinity complex ensures a second-skin effect and perfect foundation hold for 15 hours."
Its price:  £31.00



Packaging.  With its black and white monochrome type packaging, this product has the archetypal  Chanel look which I love, plus it looks great in your collection. 

Price.  Like with most Chanel products you're paying mostly for the brand.  Personally I think if you're going to go with a non-drugstore brand you should expect to pay £30 plus

The product itself. It's certainly a lightweight foundation, very hydrating and perfect for Spring/Summer. It's also very buildable so you can really get your monies worth by using it day and night.  The colour for me is also perfect - I find it hard to get a good foundation match as I'm super pale with freckles. Also it isn't heavy -  doesn't have that 'mask like' feel that you often find with foundations.

Does it live up to its claim? well...yes and no. I'm really happy with this foundation however for me, it doesn't last all day - certainly not 15 hours!


NARS Sheer Glow.

It Claims: "A glowing, natural radiant finish foundation with sheer and buildable coverage that immaculately evens skin tone. It leaves skin hydrated, more luminous, softer and smoother. Used daily, Sheer Glow Foundation improves the skin's brightness and texture"

 Its price: £36.00



Packaging.  A lot like Chanel, NARS has a very uniform look to all of their products. Again... I like that, it means the brand is easily recognisable and looks good in your make up collection.

Price.  As I said before - non-high street foundations aren't cheap.  I don't think £36 is a lot for a foundation that you love.  But admittedly it feels a little steep if you're buying for the first time.

The product itself.  I was surprised by this product, I really liked it, the colour was a good match, the coverage wasn't as lightweight as I expected but that was fine for me as I tend to build mine up anyway.  But if you're looking for a very sheer foundation, this probably isn't the one for you.

Does it live up to its claim? Again, yes and no - The colour and consistency were good, however I didn't feel as though it made my skin any smoother, neither did it improve the brightness.

In my personal opinion this battle goes to Chanel - its colour and lovely hydrating texture is perfect for me.

Have you tried either of these foundations? Let me know what you think.

L x


1 comment:

  1. Chanel is the best. I use Chanel powder and foundation and I love it. It's very light and the perfect color!! I've used other products and Chanel is my favorite. xo
    www.asplashofglam.com

    ReplyDelete