photo aboutmeNEW_zps61fbca22.png  photo healthylivingbuttonNEW_zpscf3f2246.png  photo ContactMe_zpsfeda721c.png

Saturday 10 May 2014

Spring favourites


So Spring is FINALLY here and I for one am happy to wave goodbye to those gloomy, dark winter nights and 'hello long Summer days', dewy make-up, sandals and pedi's!

Well, I don't know about you, but the first half of spring is pretty much trying to get rid of dry pasty skin, that all of that false heat havoc, cosmetic hauls, getting in the mood for the sunshine. So I wanted to share some of the things I've been trying out this spring to get in the mood...

first up...

                                                      No7 Youthful Glycolic Peel kit

Firstly I thought this was a bargain at £24.95! So you can imagine my delight when I discovered it was on offer for just £15.00! (who doesn't love a good discount?!)

The kit is a 3 step process designed to renew and recharge the skins surface, perfect for post-winter skin. It's a month's program and they recommend that you use it bi-weekly on non consecutive days.

Step 1 - The peel! You apply a whole mini-tube on a cotton pad onto fresh skin. It feels slightly tingly at first, but certainly not uncomfortable, and....

.....after 10 minutes.

Step 2 - Post-Peel Neutraliser! This is pretty self explanatory.  Just apply this with a cotton pad to neutralise the effects of step 1, rinse with water, just be careful not to get any in your eyes (eek!)

and finally...

Step 3 - Calming Recovery Balm - a lovely moisturiser to finish off with.
Instantly my skin felt incredibly baby soft, so it was pretty difficult to keep my hands off it. After the program was complete my skin felt permanently softer, looked smoother and brighter.



A real bargain for £15 ...I give this product a solid 9/10.




Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

I'm absolutely loving this product and lets face it, a necessity. It removes make up, cleanses and soothes with NO RINSING. You can use it to remove; face, eyes, lips.
On a trip to my local drug store, I was actually looking for a make up remover, when I came across this, I was initially attracted to it for its packaging, it looks pretty professional and is huge, looks as though you would get loads of uses (it actually claims 200 uses) Personally I've actually had it for around 5-6 weeks now and still have around 1/4 of the bottle left, so we're going strong!!

Anyway it feels great, its non-scented, it doesn't have that drying effect or feel too perfumed, I've tried absolutely LOADS of make-up removers, they've had their flaws - too oily, too perfumed, too drying, too expensive - so I would absolutely recommend this, its a great price, lasts forever, feels like water, great on sensitive eyes.



 Definite 10/10.

Le Blush Creme de Chanel

A wonderful matte cream blush range from Chanel. The packaging really speaks for itself - a classic black compact.  Admittedly the colour looks pretty scary at first, but goes onto the skin to an even subtle but build-able colour.
I'd certainly recommend this product as a luxury product, there is a range of seven colours, the one that I've chosen is 69 INTONATION. RRP £28.





I score this product 9/10





Revlon PhotoReady Skinlights Skin Illuminator
 
A welcome addition to any make up bag  - to add that dewy glow, that we all crave in those sunnier months. At £11.99 a good price for this product, available in four colours, goes on easily and feels light on the skin, perfect!

The colour I chose to match my skin tone was - 100 Bare Light.
 
 
 
 



Olay Regenerist 3 Point Super Cleansing System
 
I was really interested in making my cleansing routine the best it could be, as an alternative to the Clarisonic and at the bargain price at £26.99 I was certainly excited to give this a go.
 
I love this brush, it works on 2 x speeds, its soft enough to feel comfortable but firm enough to feel as though its working. Ideal to get baby soft, clean skin, use it with your favourite cleanser. You can use it in the shower as well for maximum time efficiency.
I love this tool as part of my daily cleansing routine.
 
 
 
I give this tool a 9/10.

St.Tropez Everyday Gradual Tan

And finally the ultimate solution for that pasty skin - fake tan! Although we certainly need to avoid that 'tangoed' look. To avoid any tanning mishaps I like to use a gradual self- tan, just apply it every time you get out of the shower, or every other time to avoid the colour building too quickly.

The St.Tropez Gradual Tan is my ultimate favourite - It feels a lot like a rich moisturiser although will sink into the skin easily, it smells great, builds a subtle natural and even tan and is very easy to apply.

As I have fair skin the colour I've chosen is light/medium.

RRP £14.50


 
 
Tell me your spring favourites that are getting you Summer ready!


L x

No comments:

Post a Comment