photo aboutmeNEW_zps61fbca22.png  photo healthylivingbuttonNEW_zpscf3f2246.png  photo ContactMe_zpsfeda721c.png

Sunday 25 May 2014

A little nostaliga...

Today I woke up feeling a little nostalgic, which got me onto thinking about the wonderful yet cringe inducing time that was the 90's and early 2000's. 

Here are some things that I thought were great about my childhood.

First up - I think you'll all agree that technology has come a long way in the last 10 years but my journey started with this bad boy...

..the Nokia 5110.  In 2014 this is bigger than most land line phones, but in the early 2000's It was SO COOL.  I'd spend ages carefully changing the cover and buttons, playing Snake and listening to those infamous ring tones.  All of those 'fancy applications' were probably a good thing as back then the cost of a text was so expensive...no fancy price plans I'll have you know...

Can you believe this came out in 1998?! wow.

Speaking of technology, does anyone remember...
 
...The Talkboy?

It was a portable cassette player and recorder that just made you one step closer to your dream of becoming a member of the Spice Girls. Me and my friends would get together and sing into it, then take it in turns to interview each other... I think you'll agree we were pretty darn cool....



But ... if you wanted to listen to the real Spice Girls opposed to the poor quality sound of you and your friends, you could do so on this...

That ever so stylish and 'compact' Walkman Cassette Player.

Oh the hours that i've spent 'bopping' around my room to the sounds of the 90's on this device. I remember having to take a rucksack out with my friends so that I was able to carry around the tapes and annoying everyone because they could hear the sound so clearly coming from the headphones.


 and listening to these religiously on it....




I was OBSESSED with the Spice Girls, I even broke the tape from playing it too much ... now that's dedication...

anyone else remember this...?




I'd beg my mum to buy me these magazines whenever we went to the shop...

and I loved getting the freebies that came with it and I know that they're still around now! 





Noel's house party was my Saturday night.


I was so jealous of those bastards with a Blue Peter Badge.




 
The 90's/00's wasn't all girl power and cool freebies, it was also a time of very very questionable fashion trends..

 


Other random things...

I loved going to my local Tammy Girl on a Saturday with my girl friends and feeling so grown up that I was without my parents.

Metalic Silver eyeshadow...oh yeah...

I loved participating in my school 'Talent Show' several of which me and my friends smothered ourselves with roll on glitter and wore boob tubes and smash a routine that we had practised every lunchtime for weeks....yep...we looked fantastic.



Scunchies -  I had loads of them, I would scrape my hair back into the tightest possible high ponytail, then use loads of them (in size order of course) to secure it. Then spray around 3/4 of the cheapest can of hairspray to make sure it didn't go anyway...perfect!


Talking of hair....

 


Need I say any more?

So many things, I could go on, what are your favourite things about the 90's or 00's ?

L x

 









1 comment:

  1. My girls think you're amazing and my partner is an avid fan.

    I had the same phone and a Walkman.

    Thanks for making me smile

    Mx

    ReplyDelete