photo aboutmeNEW_zps61fbca22.png  photo healthylivingbuttonNEW_zpscf3f2246.png  photo ContactMe_zpsfeda721c.png

Monday 28 July 2014

Manicure Monday #3

Good afternoon! Another week and another manicure...however, this one is a little bit different. If you didn't know already I have been wearing acrylic nails for a little while now. I love having long nails but as you know they tend to play havoc with your natural nails. So to try and minimise the damage every other time my nails need 'filling in', I remove the acrylic entirely to let me nails rest and grow for as long as I feel they need to.

Unfortunately though, they look pretty gross: they're short, flaky and in need of some TLC. Well, this is my little routine to help them get ship-shape in no time.

First up, I need a good nail repair treatment and I absolutely love 'Save The Nail'. It's a treatment that you just paint on once a day for 7 days as a treatment, then after that you can just wear it underneath your nail varnish. This stuff has really saved my nails, it's really easy to apply, slightly thinner than a nail varnish and dries super quick.




After my intensive seven day treatment I then go on to paint my nails. For this I need to use something that's not highly pigmented, and is kind to the nails, as I don't want to be too harsh or abrasive when it comes to removing my nail polish.  Also as a rule of thumb, dark colours will always accentuate a short nail. I tend to opt for a nude, or a sheer colour, but I absolutely love 'Barry M Hi-Shine Gelly nail paint' in 'Lychee'




How do you recover from damaged nails?

L x

No comments:

Post a Comment