photo aboutmeNEW_zps61fbca22.png  photo healthylivingbuttonNEW_zpscf3f2246.png  photo ContactMe_zpsfeda721c.png

Friday 4 July 2014

Rimmel - Matte BB Cream

I first started experimenting with BB creams when they became popular a few years ago but my main problem was colour matching, every shade I tried was far too dark. Although back then there wasn't quite the selection there is now and the market is quite literally saturated with BB creams with almost every cosmetics company offering their version of this wonder product.

I was really interested to try another BB cream as it sounds like a perfect solution to the hot sticky Summer days we have here in the UK. I didn't want to spend a lot, as my previous experience wasn't wholly positive. That aside I picked up Rimmel's Matte BB Cream for £6.99.



What it promises: "9-in-1 skin perfecting super make-up. Minimises the appearance of pores, mattifies and controls shine all day. Smoothes and soothes skin. Conceals dark circles and helps prevent blemishes."

What I thought: Ok, so in the store, the colour swatch looked pretty good and I was pretty impressed. Although when I got home I encountered that all too frequent problem that in the cold light of day, away from the beauty counter, it was too dark. Aside from that the coverage was actually pretty good, the right balance of matte and moisture.



My only problem is that it only comes in two shades - hardly a wide range of skin tones! Sigh...my quest continues.

Are you pale like me? Have you found a BB Cream that you can recommend?
L x 

2 comments:

  1. This shade only juuuust fits me, and I am not the palest of girls. I would definitely recommend a Korean BB Cream like Skin79 Bablesh Cream (I like the orange one). They come in a range of paler colours and have amazing coverage, plus 50+ SPF :)

    Loving your blog, you have a new follower :)

    Kate | themintedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! so odd that I've been looking at Skin79 lately but have just been so confused on what one to get - perfect timing. Love your blog too...ive never heard of milky foot but I NEED it in my life!! xx

      Delete