photo aboutmeNEW_zps61fbca22.png  photo healthylivingbuttonNEW_zpscf3f2246.png  photo ContactMe_zpsfeda721c.png

Wednesday 16 July 2014

Radiant Summer skin - Highlighters.



I absolutely love skin highlighters they're a good, easy way to give you a beautiful glow for that simple Summer look. I've been trying out 5 products and I thought I'd let you know how I got on...

No7 Instant Radiance Bronzing Highlighter - at £9.95. I managed to get this for £4.95 with the typical £5 off No7 voucher that I'm forever accumulating and doing nothing with. That aside its a gorgeous little twist-up chubby stick that contains a gorgeous golden shimmer. It's really easy to use, just draw on top of cheekbones or wherever you wish, easy to blend. The only thing I'd say - less is
more with this one.



Sleek Faceform - £9.99. I have already done a review on this product, however I am in love with the highlighter...it's a really pretty, highly pigmented powder. Contained within a little palette with an equally gorgeous bronzer and blush, you really are getting a lot for your money. Available in 4 shades, mine is in 'Light'.



Revlon highlighting palette - £8.99. Available in two shades 'Rose Glow' and, 'Bronze Glow'...which is the one that I chose. I love this for a couple of reasons! Firstly because it's a really nice bronzer - for those that are going for a more Summery look as opposed to the usual solid colour Matte bronzer. The second reason I love this is because you can use it as a eye shadow palette! I often do, the colours are really pretty on the eyes, its a take on the Urban Decay Naked Palette for a fraction of the price.



L'Oreal Lumi Magique Pearl Powder - £8.99. Also available in two shades 'Rose Boudoir' and 'Rose Raidieux' - I have Rose Boudoir and it's definitely the most natural of the bunch. It contains a highlighter and two light diffusing foundations. I was quite surprised at first, as once you swirl the brush in it exposes the 2 colours beneath. I still loved it though, it's so lovely and natural, more of an
everyday product.



Revlon PhotoReady Skinlights Face Illuminator - £11.99. It's the most expensive of my selection but I actually used to use this when it came out originally...many years ago - now I feel old! It comes in a liquid in 4 shades, I chose mine in 'Bare Light'. As I said it's a little more pricey than the others but you really don't have to use much at all and you can use it wherever you want to highlight. It's perfect for me as my cheek area is really quite dry at times, so sometimes a liquid works better for me. It also says that you can mix it into your foundation - although I haven't tried this - I'm not sure how it would look.


  These are swatches from the highlighters. I wasn't able to photograph the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Pearl Powder.


These are swatches from the Revlon highlighting palette.




 
What's your favourite summer highlight?

L x

3 comments:

  1. Ohh love the look of the no7 one! I really need to start keeping ahold of those vouchers as well. I've been loving benefit high beam lately! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty! They do a more of a highlighting one as well which is super cute. Oooh I love Benefit High Beam too, such a pretty highlight.

      Delete
  2. Love the sleek palette! Really wanna try the No 7 highlighting pencils too!

    http://madnessbymeg.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete