photo aboutmeNEW_zps61fbca22.png  photo healthylivingbuttonNEW_zpscf3f2246.png  photo ContactMe_zpsfeda721c.png

Thursday 10 July 2014

My first Birchbox review

After seeing posts from other bloggers on various subscription boxes, I thought it was a really great way to discover new brands that I wouldn't have necessarily known about, and more luxurious brands that I wouldn't justify buying until I tried them out.

I started researching 'subscription boxes' and was surprised to see just how many there were to choose from. Some dedicated to nail polishes, or healthy food, organic skincare and beauty products. I knew I wanted to choose beauty products, but which one!? The market has lots of companies offering various packages to choose from.

As the title would suggest I went with Birchbox. The process really was quite simple, I just logged onto their website and signed up to the 'Monthly Recurring Package'. They offer two other types of package but that would've meant committing for 6 or 12 months...although signing up to those can get you a discounted price. The Monthly package however means less commitment and you can cancel at any time - which personally works better for me.

Boxes are shipped between the 10th and 20th of every month I ordered on the 5th, I received mine today, which meant super fast delivery in 5 days including the weekend.

Anyway, onto the box. There is something really exciting about getting a package with no idea what's inside - it's like a true surprise gift every month. This is what I received in my first package...




I was so impressed, ALL of this for just £10!


1. Balance me Wonder eye cream, I've been looking for an eye cream for a while and it smells amazing, very similar to the REN eye gel scent.


2. Philip Kingsley, One More Day Dry Shampoo. This stuff smells great too, I used it this afternoon and I must say it feels pretty great.  You don't need to use a lot of product to refresh your hair.


3. Benefit Porefessional.  This is the product I was most excited to discover. I toyed with buying the full size product only a few days ago, although having never used it before I was pretty hesitant. I'm   looking forward to trying it out.


4. Laqa & Co Lip Lube: This is an American brand that I'd never actually heard of, its a brand new product. It's a twist up pen (a lot like the Clinique chubby stick)  and it has the feel of a lip balm with a sheer coral colour - so cute!


5. Whish body butter. Oh my goodness this stuff smells SO good. It contains Organic Aloe, Organic Raspberry Butter, and Organic Shea Butter, and mine came in the Lavender scent.


6. This one is a bit random but I was quite excited to see it as I am quite a big fan of coconut water.   However...this one really wasn't for me and the lemon tasted quite artificial.


You also get a card that gives you details of the products and their full size price.

Have you ordered a Birchbox before? what was your favourite product?

L x

8 comments:

  1. You got some pretty nice products there! I also got the lip lube before but I haven't used it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh you should, it's such a pretty colour! :)

      Delete
  2. Ohh you got a great box! I'm thinking of getting birch next month - they have had some good ones lately! xx

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh you should, seriously £10 for all of this, you can't really go wrong, I hope it's as good next month!! X

      Delete
  3. I am SOOOO jealous!! This box is fantastic!! I have that coconut water every single day. How did the pore professional turn out? I've been wanting to purchase it! Thanks for sharing!

    xx
    themstudio13.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lllooooovvve the Benefit Porefessional! Hope you enjoy using it as much as I do. Great post lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab box! I Really need to get myself signed up for one of these!
    xx

    Salt and Chic // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - you got a brilliant box!
    I really want to get myself a beauty box (of some sort!) but I'm so worried that I'll spend the money on it and I won't like any of the products. I'd be happy to receive this box though!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete