photo aboutmeNEW_zps61fbca22.png  photo healthylivingbuttonNEW_zpscf3f2246.png  photo ContactMe_zpsfeda721c.png

Monday 18 August 2014

New No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Oil

Ok, so I'm a little late on the cleansing oil bandwagon! However, unsure on how it would work for my skin, I didn't want to go in with a high-end version and find I hated it. In theory, the humble 'cleansing oil' seems perfect for my dehydrated skin, so I have been very keen to try it out.



No7 have recently brought out their version of the cleansing oil and at £11.00 it doesn't break the bank either. It of course 'feels' like oil, but it's surprisingly very light and feels extremely velvety on the skin.

As it claims to remove make-up, even stubborn mascara, I thought I'd put it to the test: especially as I was wearing my notoriously difficult to remove 'Benefit They're Real Mascara'. I started off with 2 pumps of the oil and applied it to dry skin and could see that it was 'melting' my foundation, powder, eyebrow gel and liquid eyeliner off straight away, impressive! Now onto that stubborn mascara, by this point I had to dispense two more pumps into my hand, I must admit, I was a little bit apprehensive to apply oil directly onto my eyes, but I went for it anyway. I have to say that it removed the majority of my mascara, but not all of it, probably around 80%. But, even though it didn't remove all of the mascara I was still seriously impressed, and had I been wearing a less 'difficult to remove mascara' it would have removed everything straight away.

After rubbing the oil onto my dry skin I then added a little bit of warm water and continued to massage my face, just to ensure that I hadn't missed anything. I then used my muslin cloth to remove the melted make-up from my face - this isn't necessary, but I prefer to use one as part of my cleansing routine.

After inspecting my work in the mirror I was seriously impressed! I had just removed an entire face of make up with one single product and my skin was velvety soft. Not only that but my dry skin felt less rough and flaky. All in all I am definitely a convert!

Have you tried any cleansing oils?

L x

3 comments:

  1. I so want to try a cleansing oil but am worried if it'll leave a oily residue on my face. I might check Shu Uemura cleansing oil after reading your post, we don't have No. 7 here.

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, I can't wait to try this! I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin, if you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks! Best wishes.

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the look of this! Been looking for a cleansing oil and this one is a bargain :)

    http://madnessbymeg.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete