photo aboutmeNEW_zps61fbca22.png  photo healthylivingbuttonNEW_zpscf3f2246.png  photo ContactMe_zpsfeda721c.png

Friday 1 August 2014

Radiant Summer Skin #2 - Tans under a Tenner review

Tanning! For those times when we want to say no to our pale and pasty skin, although it can all get quite expensive.  So I've been looking at "Tans Under A Tenner" and here is how it went.


Garnier Skin Naturals Summer Body Moisturising Lotion
This is on offer at the moment at Boots for only £2.55, originally only £5.10 which is still not likely to break the bank. It's a gradual tanner which gives you real control over how dark you want your tan. It looks and feels just like a moisturiser but personally I didnt like the scent of it: it smelled like a standard fake tan that was trying to be masked by an 'apricot' smell which was not overly pleasant.

I applied mine straight after the shower, the only downside that it stayed sticky for quite a while. It gave me quite an immediate result and after only a few hours it started to develop. The coverage wasn't the best I've ever seen, a little patchy in some places although nothing that couldn't be rectified with another coat. It comes in a few different shades: Light, Dark and Deep which means it's likely
you can find a shade suitable for you.



L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Gradual Tan
Another gradual tanner a lot like the Garnier, however this one didn't take so long to dry. Better for girls on the go and at £6.99 it's only slightly more expensive - it's currently on offer at Superdrug offer for only £4.66. 

The scent was a lot better, it smelled like suncream - which I happen to love. It also gave a better, more even coverage and the results were relatively instant...a lot like the Garnier. It comes in Fair and Medium, which probably wouldn't work so well if you wanted more of a dark tan. Of the two, I would certainly choose the L'Oreal.

Ombre Solaire No Streaks Bronzer Dry Body Mist Light Glow Spray
I had never tried an 'at home spray tan' before so was pretty excited to try this out. It claims to spray at multi-angles, for those hard to reach areas, and it also claims to dry instantly so there is no need to rub it in...sounds perfect right?

Ok, so it was actually pretty easy to use, although it definitely didn't 'dry instantly' as it claims. It left my skin feeling quite tacky but once it did dry I then left it overnight - as I do with all of my fake tans. However, when I woke up I was totally Orange!!! It also had the classic 'biscuit' smell. I thought a shower and loofah may save it, but suffice to say...it did not. I cannot express how much I hated this tan and for £7.79, that was an offer reduced from £11.69, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!

St. Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse Medium
The dark coloured Mousse meant that it was really easy to see where it had been applied...meaning I was less likely to miss a spot. The texture was pretty thin, which was both good and bad, in that it was really easy to rub in but also it was quite liquidy. However, the scent was horrible, smelt very chemically, not pleasant. Well, for £4.99 I certainly didn't expect much, but I have to say it ended up being my favourite in terms of colour and application.

 


What is your favourite self-tanning product?

 L x

3 comments:

  1. Hi dear, you have an awesome blog, would you like to follow each other? if you decided to follow me, please let me know so I can follow you too. xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lovely, I nominated you for a Liebster award over on my blog! Check it out and answer the questions!


    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lovee a fake tan! My fave ever is St Tropez, (And it is pricey but I love the application process and end colour), I wont bother buying these cheaper brands anymore, if you can try it then give it a go :)

    London Beauty x

    ReplyDelete