photo aboutmeNEW_zps61fbca22.png  photo healthylivingbuttonNEW_zpscf3f2246.png  photo ContactMe_zpsfeda721c.png

Sunday 31 August 2014

Skincare Sunday | What your spots say about you.

Solving a problem is generally a lot simpler when you understand it. I see a lot of advice about acne telling people just to 'eat clean'. Ok, whilst I cannot argue that it's pretty important to stay hydrated and make sensible food choices, life is there to be enjoyed: so I can't admit dedicating my life to salads. Besides, is your diet even to blame for those pesky pimples?

Originating from traditional Chinese medicine, face mapping has been around for a long time and provides a pretty solid insight into what your spots are telling you about your body.

I've broken it down into 8 simple points, explaining what the problem might be, remember this is only a rough guide.





1 & 2. Spots in this area are usually related to your bladder and the digestive system. Ever noticed you get a bumpy forehead after that weekend of excess, trips to the fast food restaurant, followed up with more chocolate than a small sweet shop? Personally, I get spots here when I've eaten too much bread. To combat spots here, drink more water and watch those fried foods.

Spots on the forehead can more simply be related to your hair, if you have a fringe, try keeping it off your face whenever possible.

3. This area is related to congestion in the liver so you'll probably notice spots here after a weekend of drinking. However, if you're not a big drinker, spots here may be related to a possible food intolerance.

4 & 5. This area is related more to your lungs, if you're a smoker or live in a large city you may experience spots here. Try to cleanse your face when you come in from outside, whenever possible to keep those spots at bay.

6, 7 & 8. Hormones, need I say any more?! You may find spots around this area when its 'that' time of the month - don't we just get all of the fun! If you're finding that these are particularly bad, you may be suffering with a hormone imbalance. Try boosting your intake of Omega 3, 6 and 9, these are foods such as fish, seeds, avocado, which luckily all happen to taste delicious!

Can you relate to any of these?

L x


4 comments:

  1. This is so helpful! Great post, bookmarked it for future reference!
    Abigail x
    http://www.meetmeinmayfair.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I have noticed since moving to London I've gotten spots on my cheeks which I've never had before, so is probably due to all the pollution! Will have to take a cleansing wipe with me and see if that makes any difference x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post was amazing. Looks like I will be boosting my omega intake.
    Thank you!
    Casey x

    http://lifestyleandbeauty93.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an informative post - thank you so much! :) xx

    Brenda | www.brendabusybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete